Taking care of your candle will really enhance your candle experience.
Here are our best tips for candle care;
- When you light your candle for the first time – make sure you let It burn until the wax pool melts the whole surface of your candle. This may take 2 to 4 hours depending on the size of your candle.
- If you blow out your candle before the wax melts to the outer edge of vessel you will cause your candle to tunnel or burn a hole down the centre leaving a lot of wax around the edges. This makes the wick difficult to light as it tunnels down.
- It is the melted wax pool on the surface of the candle that gives the best scent throw.
- Always trim your wick to 5 mm once the wax pool hardens and before lighting again. Trimming wick helps with even burn and also to prevent tunnelling.
- Trim your wick at the curl – all wicks curl slight to one side. If you do not trim at the curl the wick will burn the wax more to one side of the candle. This causes an uneven burn.
If you are interested in stocking our candles and diffusers, please email us at email@example.com or phone us on 00353 91 654002 – we will be delighted to help you.